Most people set New Year’s resolutions with the real intention to achieve them, and then life gets in the way. Sadly, research has shown 70% of us never achieve our resolutions.
Other things take priority, at work, at home, or we experience blocks, don’t how to start or to maintain your motivation, or we just do not feel in the right frame of energy to get going. Whatever it is, we are left feeling disappointed in ourselves, less than and our self-esteem suffers.
And, it does not have to be like that.
There are some very easy ways to help you keep up motivation, focus on your resolutions every day without effort and find creative ways to overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
Over the next few weeks I will be sharing some easy and fun to use techniques that will help you make achieving your intentions part of your day every day. And don’t worry, you do not need to find that extra 1 + hour a day for these.
So here it comes:
Hot Tip: Pick a daily State of Being
Think of the resolution that most important to you, and ask yourself:
- what quality or state of being does that resolution embody for me?
- what qualities will I gain or enhance when I have achieved this resolution?
Examples might be: flow, confidence, fun, energy, being a magnet, clarity, openness, glamour, elegance ….
Choose whatever quality, state or symbol comes to mind for you. It can even be a colour, a texture or an image that means something to you.
Take 1-2 minutes to really deepen into the quality, breathe in the quality, really get to know this quality….you have chosen for the day. Allow that quality to infuse you, to resonate with you, to embace you ….
- what is it like to be that quality?
- how are you when you are that quality?
- what happens in your body when you inhale, invoke and resonate that quality?
Write (or draw) your chosen quality of being down on a piece of paper, and carry it around with you all day. And throughout the day, whatever you do, be that quality. You will find, before long, you are actually doing activities that progress your resolutions without you having schedule time or push yourself to take the next steps.
Make it fun!
I recognise that sometimes going it alone can be difficult. Therefore I have decided to give you a special coaching offer for January and February. To check this out click here.
- Crowning off the Old, Stepping forth into the New (beingasuccessfulwoman.wordpress.com)
- Totally committed, yet nothing much happens
- To-do lists work, except when they don’t! (beingasuccessfulwoman.wordpress.com)
- What’s your ‘obstacle’ strategy? (beingasuccessfulwoman.wordpress.com)
- Procrastination is just signal that something is not right! (beingasuccessfulwoman.wordpress.com)